Before the first use, it is important that the tagine is soaked in water for 24 hours.
Don't use the tagine often? Then it is best to soak it for an hour before use.
A clay tagine cannot withstand temperature shocks!
• Do not add cold ingredients or cold liquids to a warm tagine.
• Do not add hot ingredients or liquids to a cold tagine.
• Slowly heat the tagine and its contents in the oven, never preheat the oven.
• Never place a hot tagine on a cold counter or surface.
• When using on a gas stove, use a solid double-walled flame diffuser (not with a hole in the middle).
• When used on induction, use a solid induction adapter that is suitable for pottery.
• Slowly heat the tagine and its contents.
• Meat must be browned in a pan beforehand